(Data source: previous year Annual Budget, will be updated following the 2023/2024 Budget)
The finance department is responsible for preparing the district budget, controlling the collection and disbursement of funds, monitoring revenues and expenditures, preparing financial reports, and performing internal audits.
The district is seeking feedback from the community to ensure the 2023/2024 annual budget is aligned with its 2020 ¨C 2025 Strategic Plan. The district is committed to budget planning and resource allocation that is aligned with the strategic priorities and goals established by the board.
Members of the community are welcome to submit feedback and ask questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Office of the Secretary Treasurer, Board of Education of School District No. 38, 7811 Granville Avenue, ¿Û¿Û´«Ã½, BC V6Y 3E3.
The Budget Advisory Working Group is comprised of the Board of Education and representatives from key stakeholder groups, including ¿Û¿Û´«Ã½ Teachers¡¯ Association (RTA), CUPE 716, ¿Û¿Û´«Ã½ Association of School Administrators (RASA), ¿Û¿Û´«Ã½ District Parents Association (RDPA) and ¿Û¿Û´«Ã½ Management and Professional Staff (RMAPS). Two meetings have been scheduled for March 9 and April 17, 2023 to provide budget updates and gather feedback and input from the stakeholders.
Budget Guiding Principles
The annual budget process is guided by a set of principles developed by the Board of Education in consultation with stakeholders. These guiding principles include:?
- The budget will support and align to the board¡¯s strategic plan and priorities and reflect the board¡¯s commitment to responsible long term fiscal planning;
- Budget processes will be inclusive, transparent and will encourage stakeholder and community input;
- All budget decisions will be focussed on creating and maintaining educational programs and services for students which maximize opportunities for learning;
- Budget decisions will support a culture of innovation and responsiveness to system change, while maintaining cost effectiveness and long term sustainability;
- Business and operational services and systems required to support schools and students will be based on best practices and maintained in an efficient and cost effective manner; and
- Budget decisions will be based on accurate, relevant data and information.